时代名人录- “麦格教授”玛吉·史密斯生前访谈 Dame Maggie Smith

欧美明星 6 0

英国著名演员玛吉·史密斯(Maggie Smith)于9月27日上午去世,享年89岁。其代表作有《春风不化雨》、《加州套房》、《哈利波特》、《唐顿庄园》系列,“麦格教授”与“维奥莱特伯爵夫人”的荧幕形象深入人心。

You have had this extraordinary career, you know I mentioned the Oscars in the introduction and things, but Harry Potter, weirdly...

你的职业生涯非常辉煌,我刚刚提到您得过奥斯卡,还有其他一些事,但《哈利波特》不可思议地......

But that did sort of change your life in a way.

但这确实在某种程度上改变了你的生活。

Well, yes, a lot of very small people kind of usually say hello to me.

嗯,是的,很多小朋友开始和我打招呼。

And that was nice.

这挺好的。

Different a lot of people.

真的各种各样的人都有。

Yes, but also so weird that they'd only know you for that one thing like you've never existed before.

是的,但也很奇怪,他们只知道你演过这一个角色,就好像你以前从未存在过一样。

No, I never had.

没错,之前压根没我这个人。

Except one kid once said to me, he said, "Were you really a cat?"

有次一个小孩对我说过,“你真的是一只猫吗?”

And I heard myself say, just pull yourself together.

我听到自己说,“拜托你清醒一点好吗”。

How could I have been any other way?

我怎么会是一只猫呢?

So there's the Harry Potter bit of your life, which kind of changed your life, but then Downton comes along.

所以《哈利波特》算是改变了你的生活,但后来《唐顿庄园》播出了。

Is that one of those things where you thought you were famous till you were in Downton?

这个一播出你会不会觉得,《哈利波特》给我带来的知名度都不算什么?

No, I didn't think that at all.

不,我根本没这么想。

It's only since Downton that people seem to know... You know, who stopped me and asked me, but it's only since Downton, and that's television for you.

自《唐顿庄园》以来大家会认出我,会拦住跟我打招呼,就是从《唐顿庄园》开始的,因为这是电视剧。

Yes, it's common.

没错,受众更广。

It's television.

这是电视剧。

But funnily enough, I was in Waitrose in Starrington, my favourite.

但有趣的是,我在斯塔灵顿逛我最喜欢的维特罗斯超市。

And a little boy was at the checkout with his mother, and he kept looking at me.

一个小男孩和他的妈妈在收银处,他一直看着我。

And I thought, what am I going to do about it?

我在想,我该怎么办呢?

And he went, kept looking at me and looking at me.

然后他还是不停地看我。

And I said, can I help you?

我说:“需要帮忙吗?”

And he said, it's all right.

他说,“没关系。

It'll come to me in a minute.

我马上就能想起你是谁了。”

I thought that was so sweet.

我觉得这太贴心了。

So lovely.

太可爱了。

It'll come to me.

“马上就能想起来了。”

But the people coming up to you now like very Americans are very well America, you know, they're not shy, Americans.

有好多人,尤其是美国人会跟你搭腔,美国人他们一点也不害羞。

No.

也没有。

But I don't go anywhere really where they can get at me.

实际上我不怎么出门,所以他们没法偶遇我。

It's usually in museums and art galleries and things so that limits things.

我一般就去博物馆和美术馆等地方,那里人少。

I keep away from them and Harrods I don't go near.

我尽量远离人群,哈罗德百货我也不去。

So are you in a way sort of glad that Downton's over?

在某种程度上,你是不是很高兴唐顿庄园完结了?

Oh yeah.

哦,是的。

No, I really am.

真的,我确实很高兴。

No, because, honestly, she was about...

不,因为,老实说,她即将……

By the time we were filming, she must have been 110.

到我们拍摄的时候,老夫人都得有110岁了。

So I couldn't go on and on and on.

没法一直拍下去。

I couldn't.

做不到。

It just didn't make sense.

这不合理。

I know, Alex, I know you're a big Downton fan.

亚历克斯,我知道你是《唐顿庄园》的忠实粉丝。

I am.

是的。

I shout at it a lot.

我经常为它欢呼。

You have seen it?

你看过吗?

I do, yeah, we watch it.

是的,我们都看。

And we shout at it, cos I'm not in it.

我们为它欢呼,因为我没有出演。

Have you ever watched Downton?

你看过唐顿庄园吗?

I've got the box set.

我有一整套。

标签: 玛吉 麦格 maggie